Who we are
Roane’s Rigging & Transfer Co., Inc. is a family owned and operated minority business with almost 50 years of experience in the industry. Doc Roane worked at Sparrows Point in the early 60’s but was intent on owning his own business. In 1967, he began Roane’s delivery with one truck; delivering commercial restaurant equipment and ice cream freezers for Ekloff and Hershey Ice Cream. By 1972, with the help of his wife Doris, he added more trucks and several employees and was on his way to becoming a name in Baltimore.
By 1977, Doc had expanded his services from basic delivery to include rigging and office relocation. He was known for taking on jobs that required brute strength and intricate rigging techniques. Later that same year, he began acquiring local city contracts and a contract with a National Defense Agency that continues to present day.
Upon his death in 1988, Kimberlee, Doc’s daughter stepped in as president to maintain his legacy. Although the services have now expanded to include demolition and facilities maintenance, they still operate under the same basic principles started by Doc.
Roane’s has worked in commercial and government contracting, completing all manner of projects; from the relocation of copiers in Baltimore City to the concrete demolition at the National Aquarium. Roane’s has been recognized over the years with numerous awards; including MD/DC/NOVA Minority Supplier Development Council Supplier of the Year and participation in the Mentor-Protégé program with Northrop Grumman.
Roane’s has grown into an effective business resource; capable of handling projects from the estimating phase through completion. Roane’s takes pride in the company, as well as the accomplishments and embraces the humble beginnings while looking forward to future growth and possibilities.
Why Choose Us
- Family owned and operated – A local minority business since 1967
- Extensive experience – Highly trained and certified personnel with diverse backgrounds
- Impeccable customer service – Each job is followed up by a customer feedback survey as well as a phone call to assure complete satisfaction
- High level of professionalism – Familiarity working in secured and occupied spaces and applying a “white glove” service when required
- On-call availability – Short notice, emergencies and 24 hour service as well as, night and weekend shifts
Where We’ve Been
Over the years, Roane’s has had the privilege of working with great companies on some very interesting projects
- Giant Food Stores – KBE Construction
- Baltimore City Community College – Roy Kirby & Sons
- Baltimore City Fire Department Fire Academy – Roy Kirby & Sons
- Little Patuxent Water Reclaimation – Clark/US, LLC
- Backriver WWTP – Ulliman Schutte
- BWI Airport: Concourse Renovations – JetBridge
- Horseshoe Casino – Enterprise Electric Co.
- Patapsco WWTP – City of Baltimore
- University of Maryland, Jimenez Hall – Caigeann Mechanical
- Chiaradia Exhibitions – Maryland Science Center
- Walbrook High School – Denver Elek
- North Harford High School – GE Tignall
- Westport Elementary School – EMCOR
- MTA Bus Repair Center – Hawkeye Construction Co.
- Shock Trauma Penthouse – University of Maryland
- Ft. McHenry Tunnell:HVAC Replacement – Temp Air